Frequently Asked Questions
When an individual is unable to take or use a commercial medicine, costly problems may occur - such as avoidable physician and emergency room visits, hospital admissions, and lost time from school or work. We reduce this waste and improve our patients' quality of life by compounding prescriptions - making medicines into forms that people can use. We help doctors solve these problems:
- Dose Unavailable
A powerful medicine may be available only in 25 mg and 50 mg capsules. Yet, a doctor may find that the best dose is 40 mg. We can prepare a dosage form that will contain exactly this amount. The patient doesn't have to take too much medicine, which is wasteful and could cause adverse effects, or too little medicine, which could be ineffective.
- Dosage Form Unavailable
Medicines often are available only in tablets or capsules. But infants and individuals who have difficulty swallowing may need a liquid, suppository, or other dosage form. We can compound these dosage forms to contain the medicines people need.
- Medicine Unavailable
Pharmaceutical companies may stop making products for which there is limited demand. A limited demand is likely to occur when a newer medicine comes into the market. However, some patients may respond better to the discontinued medicine than to its newer counterpart. If we can obtain the medicine in its chemical form, we can compound the discontinued medication.
Why shop at Horst Pharmacy?
- Best customer service in the area (ask any of our customers)
- No long waiting (5 to 10 minutes average)
- Medicare billing
- Freedom Prescription Plan®
- Workmen's Compensation
- Full line of Diabetic supplies (medications and skin care products)
- Virtually all health plans accepted
- Telephones are always answered personally, never by a recording
Our full-service drug store is locally owned and operated, and has successfully served our community for 27 years. Following are just a few of the services we provide:
- Experienced pharmacists available for personal consultations
- Computerized prescription records
- Home health equipment and supplies
- Convenient location and hours
We are now able to bill Medicare on-line for your diabetic supplies and inhalation therapy, including Albuterol and AtroventTM
We Accept Virtually All Insurance Plans
Come by and meet our friendly staff!
Spend local dollars with local merchants.
A pharmacy that can meet all the medical needs of our patrons
Horst Pharmacy services include...
- Prescription deliveries to homes, nursing homes and offices
- Competitive prices
- Computerized tax and insurance records
- Major medical claims filed for prescriptions dispensed by our pharmacy
- Workers' compensation accepted
- Top quality generics available
- Private patient counseling
- Computerized screening for allergies and drug interaction
- Accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover
- Compounding services
- Medicare/Medicaid billing
- Wide selection of wound care products: tape, bandages, antibiotics, etc.
- Medical equipment: walkers, wheelchairs, canes, and commodes