In addition to compounding unique medications for each individuals’ specific needs, Horst Pharmacy can put those compound medications into a wide variety of dosage forms. Some common dosage form examples include:
- Troches, which are “lozenges” that dissolve in the mouth.
- Emollient cream, which help keep the skin dry by reducing water loss from the epidermis (the outer layer of skin), can be helpful for dermatological conditions.
- Oral Syringes, which can improve dosing accuracy.
- Capsules, which allow for extended-release formulations.
- Gummy gels, which are chewable forms that are great for kids.
- Lollipops, which are a convenient dosage form for extended delivery and local effect.
- Popsicles, which are a great alternative, especially during summer months.
- Lip Balm Applicators, which are terrific for “spot” applications
- Dauber Bottle, which is ideal for liquid preparations.
- PLO Transdermal gel, which is a great alternative to oral forms.
We also compound medications for Inhalation devices, Opthalmic preparations, Otic medications, and Injectables. If you have a specific dosage form that is not listed above, please give us a call at 573-243-8173 / Toll Free 1-800-640-5940 or fill out our Contact Us Form.